DIY Clarifying Face Mask
The papaya in this face mask is rich in antioxidants and its enzymes help slough away old, dry skin cells. Our Province Apothecary blend contains clay, which draws out impurities, wild-crafted algae, which nourishes the skin, regenerates cell growth and stimulates collagen production and maple syrup, which contains amino peptides, calcium and antioxidant properties that neutralize free radicals.
1 inch cube of papaya (peeled, seeded and mashed or pureed)
1 tsp honey (local or manuka)
2 tsp organic plain yogurt, aloe water or herbal tea (this is the liquid part of the mask)
2 tsp of our Detoxifying + Clarifying Clay Mask
1. Cleanse face before applying the mask.
2. Mash or puree the papaya until even, and then blend the other ingredients in by hand.
3. Add more clay if your mask is too runny; more yogurt or tea if mask is too thick.
4. Spread the mixture over your face with a brush or your fingers, avoiding your eyes.
5. Relax with this mask on for 10 minutes. Wipe off the mask with a damp cloth. Apply your soothing serum afterwards.
This recipe can be found on the Chatelaine website here. Photo via Chatelaine