Dry brushing activates your lymphatic system to awaken the face and support overall skin health from within. Why it's special: The benefits of dail...View full details
Facial Dry Brushing Ritual
Our Daily Glow Facial Dry Brush is an ethically crafted beauty tool that will lift and renew your complexion by stimulating and detoxifying the skin. The practice of dry brushing activates your lymphatic system to awaken the face and support overall skin health from within.
The benefits of facial dry brushing are endless, here are a few of our favourites:
- Smooths fine lines and brightens appearance
- Reduces puffiness and dark circles
- Detoxifies to help clear congestion
- Tones + firms skin
- Gently exfoliates and stimulates cellular turnover
Why Julie Loves Facial Dry Brushing
I became interested in dry brushing when I first started studying Aromatherapy and Holistic Health in 2010. Hearing about the countless benefits, I first started experimenting with body dry brushes and coarse-bristled face brushes. I loved the effect of the coarse brush on the body and dry brushing my body became one of my favourite daily self-care rituals. But it was just too coarse for my face and left me with irritation and sensitive skin. A few years later, I was introduced to softer-bristled facial dry brush and was hooked! The softer brush was gentle, non-irritating, gently exfoliating and stimulating to blood and lymph flow. I still facial dry brush every morning, while the water boils for my coffee, and I’ve seen a visible difference: fewer dry skin patches, less pore congestion, a brighter complexion and overall healthier skin.
We have been using dry facial brushes in our treatments for over a year and have seen tremendous benefits! Our clients wanted to take the brush home with them but it’s taken us months to find the perfect brush, and we’ve been so grateful for everyone’s patience.
I’m so happy to bring you this high quality, soft + effective facial dry brush. I hope you enjoy this beautiful daily self care ritual at home!
- For a complete facial workout with transformative results, we recommend practicing facial brushing on dry skin, first thing every morning.
- Download our Facial Dry Brushing Ritual
Julie’s Morning Routine
- Begin your day with our Daily Glow Facial Dry Brush, following our Facial Dry Brushing Ritual steps 1-8.
- Next, cleanse your face + neck and remove cleanser thoroughly with a warm washcloth.
- To complete your daily facial workout, apply your toner and serum according to our Natural Facelift Ritual.
- Finish by telling your skin you love it!
Why Dry Brushing Works
The body’s lymphatic system has a few main functions, including being responsible for ridding the body of toxins through lymph fluid, which carries waste away from tissues via an extensive system of vessels. A buildup of lymph fluid in the face can result in dull, tired-looking, puffy skin. Through the action of gentle dry brushing, lymph fluid held in facial tissue just below the surface of the skin is pushed into lymph vessels, travel to the lymph nodes, and is expelled from the body.
For Acne: When there is a lot of inflammation on the skin or under the skin’s surface - ie cystic acne - our lymph nodes swell. This happens because they are acting as a factory that produce and store white blood cells and immune cells that create a defense. Dry brushing will help move lymph along the channel and clear up any excess white blood cells and inflammation near the cystic lesions - helping them to shrink faster, and reduce pain.
About Our Brush
We have collaborated with Sweden’s IRIS HANTVERK to bring you a brush consciously hand-crafted by their collective of visually impaired artisans.
The oak handle is certified responsibly forested, and the goat hair bristles come from a chain of reliable suppliers. The owners of Iris hantverk have been purchasing from their supplier for over 40 years and take a personal interest in the collection and quality of the material. They provide the same materials to large retailers across the globe who have strict regulations around the ethical collection of animal materials, and Iris Hantverk complies with all of them. The goats are never killed for their hair, they are shorn similar to the way that wool is collected from sheep.
- Do not get brush wet.
- Do not wash with soap and water.
- Store in a dry place.
- To clean, sprinkle bristles with clay or cornstarch. Massage into bristles gently and then shake out all powder. Repeat weekly to absorb and remove dirt + oil.
- The handle can be re-oiled as needed.
- Minimal bristle shedding is normal for first use
- Do not use on damp or wet skin
- Do not use on irritated, extremely sensitive, broken or sunburned skin.
- Do not share your brush
- Always perform an allergy patch test before use.
supports overall skin health from within$56.00