Active Ingredient | Strawberry
It’s all about strawberries this time of year!
Strawberries are delicious, nutritious and have amazing benefits when used topically + internally. They're fibrous, high in antioxidants, contain copious amounts of Vitamin C, an excellent source of folate, and help to lower blood pressure. We love eating fruit in place of sugary desserts; strawberries contain natural sugars that are easier to digest and assimilate by our bodies compared to processed sugars.
Choose plump, firm, deep-colored strawberries, with bright green caps and no signs of mold or soft spots. Store strawberries in the refrigerator for 1-2 days for maximum freshness. Wash and hull strawberries just before consuming them.
We've created an easy, nourishing facial mask that you can make at home with fresh strawberries from your local farmers market. Strawberries contain a high concentrates of alpha-hydroxyl acid, which help to clear away dead skin cells, lighten blemishes, reduce the appearance of pimple scars, brighten your skin tone, deep-cleanse your pores, and eliminate excess oil. Strawberries also contain salicylic acid, which works to clear away dead cells, as well as inhibit the growth of those annoying blackheads.
You will need:
2-3 tsp of our Detoxifying + Clarifying Clay Mask
1/2 tbsp pureed strawberries
1 tsp honey
1 tsp Plain yogurt (or water)
1 small bowl
1 face cloth
- Wash and de-leaf strawberries. Puree the strawberries in a food processor or mash with a fork.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Add more yogurt or clay as needed to get the right mask consistency.
- Cleanse your face; remove all dirt and make-up. Apply mask to your face, neck, and decollete. (any leftover mask will last up to a week in your fridge)
- Relax and leave on for 10-15 minutes. * if you have sensitive skin leave on for 5 minutes to avoid irritation.
- Remove mask with a damp, lukewarm facecloth and follow with your favourite serum or moisturizer.
- Repeat weekly for oily skin and every 2-3 weeks for dry skin.