How to make a delicious matcha tea latte
We love Matcha! This vibrant green tea is super high in anti-oxidants, chlorophyll, vitamins and minerals. Although Matcha does contain some caffeine, it also contains an amino-acid called L-theanine which helps induce a relaxing and calming effect without the drowsiness. This makes matcha a great alternative to coffee when you need a little boost without the jittery wired feeling that comes along with coffee.
One of our favourite ways to enjoy Matcha is in a creamy, frothy latte! Check out the recipe below from 'Nutrition Stripped'.
Creamy Vegan Matcha Latte
Here is a list of some tools to use when making a matcha tea latte, added bonus is their affordable and if you get a high quality matcha tea, they last a really long time!
- ½ cup hot water
- ½ cup organic light coconut milk (or full fat)
- 1 teaspoon matcha tea powder
- 1 tablespoon honey, maple syrup, or stevia to taste (optional)
- Add the matcha tea powder to a small amount of hot water in the matcha tea bowl or into your favorite mug.
- Using the bamboo whisk, whisk briskly in a up-and-down direction, to make a thick, green paste.
- Then pour remaining hot coconut milk and water to the paste and stir. If adding a sweetener, add here.
- The matcha will dissolve quickly and easily. If you're using a milk frother, place on the top of the latte and turn on, allow to froth and foam until your desired texture. Another option is to reserve some of the hot coconut milk and separately froth this in a cup, then gently pour in the match tea mug.
- Enjoy hot or warm!
If you don't have all the tools:
Instead of the step using a bamboo whisk, just add a small amount of hot water into a mug with the matcha tea and use the back of a spoon to stir to make a smooth, green paste. Finish by adding the remaining hot water and coconut milk of choice. Sweeten with stevia, honey, or maple syrup (optional).
Using a blender: simply add all ingredients into the blender + 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and blend for about 1 minute. It gets beautifully frothy!
Comment below and let us know if you like the recipe or if you have any other favourite ways of enjoying Matcha! We'd love to hear what you think!
*All of these beautiful photos are from the Nutrition Stripped website.
Sign up for email updates (including skincare tutorials, green beauty tips, plus launches and product info).