How and Why you Should Start Dry Brushing
As the body’s largest organ, your skin takes on the task of getting rid of toxins, but it can always do with a helping hand. Dry brushing every morning before you jump in the shower gets the blood flowing, helps you detoxify and makes your skin feel great. It can also add a healthy glow.
Here’s how we like to do it, step-by-step:
- Start brushing from the feet and upwards along the legs in long, smooth strokes. For lymph flow, I always brush toward the heart/chest area where the lymph system drains
- Repeat the same process with the arms, starting with the palms of the hands and brushing up the arm toward the heart.
- I then repeat the process on my abdomen and back and my face with a more delicate brush.
Gentle is best! A soft and smooth stroke is the way to go. Don't brush so far as to create redness or irritation.
Click here for a quick video on Dry Brushing Technique!
Some of the benefits you can expect from dry brushing include the following:
- Stimulate Lymphatic System
- Increase Circulation
- Reduce Cellulite
- Stress Relief
- Improve Digestion and Kidney Function
We suggest lathering up in some oil or natural moisturizer after the shower to improve your skin's hydration and texture.
Give it a try and let us know how you feel! You can pick up a Dry Brush at most local health stores.
*Click the photo to view it's source; images via MollySims
Sign up for email updates (including skincare tutorials, green beauty tips, plus launches and product info).