Get to know our Naturopathic Doctor, Nastasia Irons, ND
Most people are covered under extended health care benefits to see a Naturopath, but often do not use up their benefits before the end of the year. This can be because you may not be aware of how a Naturopath can help you!
I am a Naturopathic Doctor, Cat foster mom, and an avid spin enthusiast. I grew up in Niagara, Ontario, playing cello and dancing competitively. I moved to Toronto after University to pursue a career in Naturopathic Medicine with the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine. I graduated in 2014, and then completed a 2 year residency at the college. I have been in practice for 6 years.
I love to ride my bike around Toronto, and I have recently gotten into running. I love kale, and I eat it almost every day. I also have a weak spot for Oreos! Drinking coffee is life, and often the first thing I do in the morning. I believe strongly that a close community of friends or family, as well as daily movement is the foundation to health.
- Digestion changes such as constipation, diarrhea, heartburn, or stomach aches
- Skin conditions like acne, rosacea, and eczema
- Menstrual irregularities like long cycles, heavy and painful periods, coming off birth control, fertility support
- Mood and stress support for anxiety, depression, and general stress
- Wanting to learn more about health, the body, and what you can do to best support your personal health
- Wanting to learn more about hormones, allergies, or blood work question
- Common concerns such as anemia, thyroid disorders, and hormonal imbalance
There are many reasons you may consider seeing a Naturopathic Doctor, however, sometimes people don’t know what will happen in a typical visit. Here's a breakdown:
First consult – can be done in person or virtual
- Discuss your health in detail – such as diet, digestion, sleeping habits, energy, mood etc
- Education about foods and nutrition, blood work and what it means, and how things in your body are connected
- Support offered through acupuncture or a nutrition and lifestyle plan that is provided after the appointment
Follow ups involve assessing for changes to your initial concerns. These can be done in-person or virtually. Many times acupuncture is provided during a follow up visit in-person to help support the body and reduce stress.
If you have more questions, feel free to reach out. Dr. Irons, ND at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow her on Instagram @drnastasia.
We will be doing a live Q/A session on Instagram to address any questions regarding Naturopathic Medicine on Oct. 20, 2020 at 5:30 PM EST.
Sign up for email updates (including skincare tutorials, green beauty tips, plus launches and product info).