Active plant enzymes help to hydrate the skin, accelerate cellular renewal and improve texture leaving you with soft, super clean skin that is prep...View full details
How To Boost Hydration Now!
With Spring in the air, we all want to put our best face forward but after a long winter our skin may be feeling a little tired and in need of a lil refresh. While our facial offerings are now on pause due to COVID, here are a few tips to get your skin plump and happy at home!
- Start from Within: It’s so important to make sure we’re working on the inside as well as the outside when it comes to skin! Make sure to drink plenty of water (at least 2L) per day and focus on nourishing and hydrating foods like cucumber, apples, pears, celery, flax, chia and plenty of others! Hydration is so important for all of our cells and organs, including skin so making sure we’re hydrated internally is an important part of holistic skincare.
- Avoid Hot Baths and Showers: We know in winter, there is nothing better than a steaming hot bath after a long day but prolonged exposure to hot water and bathing can deplete and dehydrate our skin. This doesn’t mean you need to avoid personal hygiene: just pay attention to the temperature of the water you’re using. Aim for lukewarm water when washing your skin, especially the delicate skin on your face and neck to avoid dry, itchy dull skin.
- Exfoliate: When we want to shed those winter layers of skin and build up, it’s important to have gentle exfoliation as a part of your routine. Exfoliating is important because it helps to slough off dead skin cells, which is particularly important during the winter months. Moisture cannot permeate the skin if dead skin cells are in the way. A gentle exfoliating scrub or mask should do the trick. Try using our Regenerating Exfoliator as a scrub or an enzyme mask a few times per week for brighter, plumper skin!
- Massage: A great way to add extra moisture and hydration into your routine is by making sure to massage your products into your skin. Using our Natural Face Lift Ritual helps to not only improve your skin’s absorption but also breaks up muscle tissue that causes wrinkles and stimulates collagen production for more toned and smooth skin. Adding massage is a great way to promote healthy skin tone and texture. Try our natural face lift ritual when massaging in your serum!
- Layer up: It’s important to consider layering products when you’re trying to boost hydration and moisture. If you aren’t using a toner already, make sure to opt for something with rose water. Rose water is naturally hydrating and soothing, as well as natural antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial powers. Make sure to add a generous spritz of our Invigorating and Balancing Toner to your skincare routine before applying your serum and moisturizer.
We hope these tips get you ready to boost hydration and moisture just in time for spring. Make sure to sign up for our newsletter to be notified when we are able to offer facials at our skincare clinic soon! We look forward to seeing you then!