SUPPORT BIPOC FOOD SECURITY + WIN OVER $1000 VALUE PRIZES
With Thanksgiving season in our midst and the focus on abundance and sharing food at our tables, we’ve decided to shed light on an issue that affects 1 in 7 households in Canada.
This month's charity raffle is focused on supporting Food Security in our communities. With homelessness and the job insecurity of a global pandemic, this is a cause that feels pressing and relevant. It has become increasingly clear that race has an impact on food insecurity. A disproportionate number of Black, Indigenous and racialized Canadians identify as food insecure, which is a result of systemic oppression and racialized income inequality. These families include more than 1 million children, who are at constant risk of going hungry. With your donation, you can help us change this and support access to fresh, nutritious food in our communities.
Your contribution will help BIPOC Canadian food charities improve access to healthy food for those in need, ensuring fewer Canadians go hungry. These organizations are working directly with communities to address the underlying issues of food security and sustainability. With initiatives like breakfast programs, food banks, soup kitchens, community gardens, and advocacy + awareness initiatives, these charities are easing the pangs of hunger in our communities.
Support these charites + enter our raffle to make an impact. Plus, you can win an amazing prize!
How to enter:
- See below for a list of BIPOC food charities we recommend donating to + choose which organizations most resonate with you. The minimum donation amount we will accept per entry is $20.
- Each additional $10 you donate will grant you an additional entry in the raffle.
- Please email a screenshot of your donation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charities to Support
Their mission is to provide leadership in urban agriculture, and foster collaboration to advance food justice, health and social enterprise in the African Canadian Community.
Two friends set up a network of community fridges across Toronto offering free food to those in need. Read more here.
They're providing emergency food boxes to families and students in need.
Provide community meals to Iqalummiut, served seven days a week at their facility. They also provide cooking classes and initiate engagement and advocacy work.
Their mission is to increase access to, knowledge of and consumption of vegetables and fruit through community led projects.
The winner will receive a gift pack (over $1000 value) containing:
- $100 gift card from Province Apothecary
- $135 gift card from Earth Connection Oil
- $240 product from Eleven Thirty Shop
- $75 gift card from Shop Health Hut
- $125 gift card from Jenny Bird
- $75 gift card from Nutbar Co.
- $75 gift card from Rainbo Mushrooms
- $75 gift card from TygerTygerShop
- $125 service from Rosewood + Silver
- $100 gift card from Hoame
Please note that while we encourage everyone to support the causes they care about, this raffle is only open to our Canadian community.
Please remember to send a screenshot of your donation receipt/confirmation to email@example.com. Thank you for your participation. Your support will help make real change in communities and change countless lives.
Sign up for email updates (including skincare tutorials, green beauty tips, plus launches and product info).