The Benefits of Facial Steaming (Try It At Home!) October 10 2020
- Before steaming, cleanse your skin - removing all dirt and make-up. Only steam with a fresh face to avoid clogging pores.
- Put dried herbs (1 tablespoon) or 1-3 drops of essential oils in a large heat-proof bowl and cover with 1 pint of boiling water.
- Create a tent by wrapping a towel around your head and draping it over the rim of the bowl. Hold your face at least 12 inches away from the bowl to avoid burning. Close your eyes and enjoy the relaxing steam for 5-15 minutes
Recommended herbs for facial steaming:
- Normal skin: Chamomile, Rosemary, Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon balm or Calendula.
- Irritated skin: Chamomile or Lavender
- Dry skin: Chamomile, Lavender, Rose, Fennel.
- Oily skin: Lavender, Peppermint, Rosemary or Sage
- Combination skin: Chamomile, Calendula, Lemon or Rosemary.
- Congested skin: Chamomile, Lavender, Rosemary, Eucalyptus
*Steaming is not recommended for extremely sensitive skin, severe inflammation, infection, sunburned or windburned skin, rosacea, extreme acne skin, or when many small broken capillaries are visible. Avoid using herbs if you are pregnant.*